Last updated: 22nd May, 2018
We collect and process personal information about you in order to provide you with quotations or a contract of insurance, or to meet our legal or regulatory obligations, or for the legitimate interests of providing you with our products and services. That personal information is likely to include at least your name and email address and any additional personal data you give us as part of the quote or on-boarding journey, including your home address.
In order to provide you with these insurance services, we will also have to share your personal data with certain organisations.
- We will, for example, provide companies in the Zurich Insurance Group with your personal data for the purposes of underwriting the insurance provided and to support the handling of claims. More information about their handling of your personal data can be found here.
- We use the Stripe payment processing system for payments and in order to use that have to share some of your personal data.
- To communicate with you through email and real-time chat with use Intercom as well as Sendgrid. We include personal data in these communications and use personal data to customise the messages you receive.
- To detect errors in our system early we use LogRocket to analyse how you interact with our system and if there have been problems using our website. Personal identifiable data may be transmitted to LogRocket in form of IP addresses. All sensitive information you provide us with are excluded from the recordings with LogRocket and never leave your browser.
- We use Facebook Analytics and Google Analytics to analyse how you interact with our system and to serve you advertisements through their respective channels if relevant. No sensitive information you provide us with will be shared with either platforms.
- We use Amazon Web Services (AWS) to host our website or associated mobile applications in the UK. Your information are encrypted on these server and not accessible by employees from AWS.
- Finally, to manage your data consent with us we use Port.
Please note that we may have to provide such information to third parties and / or send information for processing to other companies which may or may not be located within the European Economic Area. At all times we will do our best to treat your information with respect and confidentiality and that safeguarding is in line with the requirements of European data protection laws.
We may seek your permission to obtain personal data from Social Media platforms as part of the on boarding journey (Strava / Facebook login) and subsequently. We may further enrich your profile with additional data that is publicly available or, with your explicit permission, access more detailed information on alternative platforms (Instagram, Twitter etc).
We will hold your personal data for as long as necessary. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, to request that we correct your information if it is inaccurate and to ask us to delete or transfer your personal data. Please contact us if you wish to do so.
If you want to know more about how we use personal information or have any data protection questions, please contact the Data Protection Officer, Laka Ltd:
44 Great Marlborough St
London W1F 7JL